Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reflections vs Resolutions

Today is the 2nd day of 2014! I remember that I wanted to have a last post for 2013 on the 31st December, or maybe the first post in 2014 on the 1st of January. However, I failed to do so on both dates! Okay lah I wasn't really busy on those 2 days to be honest. I didn't go to any crazy countdown parties. So...I don't know how to find a reason to defend myself though, but hey! This post on the 2nd day of 2014, is still my very first post in 2014! Ain't that bad after all, yeah? :D

So, everyone did their mandatory 2013 reflections and 2014 resolutions. I guess I should do mine too? Haha conformity yeah. I didn't have a checklist for 2013 that I can tick off one by one what I have achieved, what I didn't. So I will create one this year!

1. More Than Words

                               

Yes. The first thing I would like to talk about is blogging. I started my blog ''More Than Words'' since 2010. Initially, I started it because many of my friends blogged at that time. And I enjoyed reading their blogs. I am envious of them for having their own spaces to pour out their feelings and emotions. However as years passed, blogging is no longer a trend. Many of my friends don't blog anymore. But still, I stick to this old habit as I really love how words can define myself better. I am not a talkative girl and nor I am sociable. This, is a really a space I find myself to be really free from anything else from the world. It is more private compared to other social network sites such as Facebook or Instagram. And also I thought writing more can improve my English proficiency (not sure whether it really helps?). Although I don't update that often, but I thank you for still reading and supporting my blog! :D It may not be that informative or that mind-provoking as the others. But surely I put in efforts in every post, hoping that my readers will like them. :) Do you?

I always hope I can achieve something different by blogging. I read an article of a famous blogger Four Feet Nine recently. She says to make your readers love your blog, you don't blog about negative things. You don't rant about life. Of course, my motive is not making ''More Than Words'' famous. All I wish is that my words can leave an impact on my readers' hearts. I hope my words inspire my readers. I hope my blog is no longer my emotion dustbin. And! I hope to join more blogger events this year. I had been a Nuffnanger for years, but I seldom join any of their events, mainly because of my hectic time table that can never fit in any of their events, or I have trouble with transportation, or I lack of a companion. A person who likes to join events as much as I do. In 2013, I joined Nuffnang Food Fest which really opened my eyes to blogger events. I sincerely hope that I get chances to join more events and meet more bloggers in 2014! :)

2. Medical School Life

                                             

I am officially going to step into my Intermediate Cycle in 2014! I have heard so many scary stories from the seniors about Intermediate Cycle. I pray that mine will turn out better. At least not that bad as they said. I ended my Junior Cycle 3 and now I am still waiting for the results for it. I knew that I screwed up some parts of my exam, but I pray that it doesn't affect much. *fingers crossed* Besides, I want to emphasise on how grateful I am to be enrolled into Perdana University. I know I have been talking about this all over again (like an old woman haha), all because I remember how much I prayed to God to have the chance to be in Perdana University. And God granted my wish, which I am always thankful for. 

Speaking about results, I have received many comments from my friends in 2013 that I am taking this whole thing too serious. They said that I care too much about results and I give myself a lot of pressure. I have to admit that what they said is true. Ever since primary school, I am very concern about my academic performances. Maybe this is good in some ways (at least my parents once told me that they are so proud of me because I am so independent that I study without them having to urge me to study or send me to tuitions etc). And, certain amount of pressure is good for motivation! I think what I can do in 2014 is to continue to study in the way I do now, but maybe not to the extent that my study pressure will affect the people around me. Also, I am constantly having the thoughts that I am totally on a wrong path. At times, I really have doubts. Is being a doctor really my interest? Am I cut out to be a good doctor? The more and more I am near to my dream, I become more and more unsure. Perhaps what I need is a strong voice in me to continue telling me that I can do this, when I am at the edge of breaking down.

3. Relationships

                                                 

I am always bad in this section. Bad in expressing myself, bad in expressing love, bad in keeping people who I love, bad in loving people. I lose contact with my primary school friends. I wanted to meet my matric friends so badly and arranged so many meet ups that ended up fail. None of the girls in my university are in the same wavelength as mine. I am still close to my secondary school besties, which is the only thing that I am feeling grateful. And also in 2013, I lose someone who loves me. No matter how much I am willing to love again, there is no more turning back. All in all, I am not greedy neither am I picky. I just miss knowing there is someone out there who I can rely on. I miss being someone's princess.

In 2014, I need to love better. I want to love my family more. Be a more filial daughter, a more sensible sister, a more reliable friend, a more responsible girlfriend (if I ever had the chance), and a better person in general. They say to love better, you need to love yourself more. Haha okay I will try to do so and appreciate myself before I seek appreciation from the others! I shall keep those negative feelings away and be positive. Positive, positive, positive. I think I have did a good job in 2013. Perhaps I can do better! I will learn to see the beauty in people around me, and appreciate them.

4. My religion

                                   

Oh, I am actually a free thinker. :) I am open minded in terms of religions. I offer joss sticks together with my family only during special occasions like CNY. I wouldn't claim myself as a Christian as I wasn't born in a Christian family and I really lack exposure to Christianity. However, when coming to Perdana, a lot of friends around me are Christians. They always invite me to different kind of events even if I have rejected them once or twice. They never forced me to baptize. One thing I love about them is that they never stop at spreading love to people around them. They had this Love Project where they distributed free lunch to all the students in Perdana University. They also gave out gifts for everyone. They never asked for any repays. Another thing I love is their events. I love going to Christmas production in church every year. I love their band.

I cannot assure that I am going to be faithful to any religions in 2014. What I want to say is having the belief that there is someone out there who is there for you and have the power to bring you though all the hardships is a very good feeling. I know I can trust in Him. I want to be more mature, to have less hatred towards people, because through Him, I know everything happens for a reason. And I thank God for that.

5. Keep fit!

                                      

Haha you didn't hear me wrong! In 2013, I kept on finding excuses for myself that I got no time for exercises. C'mon, medical students ain't got time for exercises! I don't even have enough time to study. I had been having the thought that every second not with my books are time wasted. Lol. But soon I realise I was so wrong because exercises really doesn't take much time! Going for a jog only takes you 30 minutes. Doing 60 sit ups only takes you 10 minutes. So no more excuses! And also I read some blog posts about work outs in gym and the results really impressed me! Not that I think I can achieve that sexy abs but women who sweat (or maybe men, too!) are extremely sexy, agree? ;) They actually say, sweats are fats crying!

In 2014, I want to go to gym and burn up all my fats to have a better figure, and hopefully, also better health. :) I am treating this really serious and I hope I have that determination to continue!

6. Travel overseas
7. Learn a new musical instrument
8. Go for my first hospital attachment
9. Have more money - shop for more clothes - dress up!
10. Dye my hair


Here are my 10 new year resolutions! What about yours? Let's look forward to another fabulous year and of course, you need to work hard to have one! All the best people! :) xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...